Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Whiter Shade of Pale

A finished project to report - a sweater I've been wanting to make for myself for a long time. Against my better judgment for a couple of reasons, I decided to do it in white. For one, this is going to be a hard sweater to keep clean, and second, this endless winter of snow, ice and bitter cold has left me starved for colour (see my previous post about the grey socks). This project's saving grace is that this is pretty much the softest yarn I have had the pleasure to run through my fingers in a long time. It's Diamond Luxury Collection Fine Merino Superwash Aran, and it's heavenly to knit with. Creamy is an adjective that pops into my mind.

The pattern is a Cynthia Helene design found in Shepherd pattern leaflet #1912 "Outdoor Pursuits". I have no links I'm afraid, because I think the leaflet is out of print and I actually just googled Cynthia Helene and she doesn't appear to have a website.
So now I find myself with nothing major on the needles for the first time in awhile, and I've decided that I must find more colourful projects to see me through to spring. Stay tuned!


No comments: