Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Going to the dogs.....

I have finally started Jed the Hound Dog's hockey sweater. Am squeezing work in on this between looooong hours at the office (accountant=tax season=say no more). Here's what I'm aiming for:


That says "Mariners #1 Hockey Hound". I'm rethinking having that on the side though, and will probably centre it on the back. It'll be duplicate stitched on, I'm not fussing with fairisle for lettering.

I scanned my son's baseball cap in order to trace the letters to get just the right "font", which I cannot seem to identify otherwise on multiple font sites I've visited on the internet. This is what the lettering will look like:











And finally, here's how I make a pattern (for my own use).


I don't know if you can really see anything there, but that's basically what I knit from. I really like the visual, I really dislike patterns with lots of words and no pictures or schematics. The paper is, by the way, wood workers "workshop" paper for figuring out wood working projects, and as you can see it has measurements around the sides in imperial and metric. I got it from Lee Valley Tools. Never underestimate the inventory of non-knitting retail outlets to still provide items useful to knitting (Canadian Tire, Staples, Home Depot, etc).

That's it for today.



2 comments:

Marg said...

Can't wait to see a picture of Jed modelling his new sweater!

Marg said...

Can't wait to see Jed modelling his new sweater!